September 11.. Looking at the date only I remember on the gruesome attack of New York twin tower.. It has been a few years now... Anyway, life goes on....
I am looking forward for the coming of Ramadhan which is going to fall on 13th September 2007. I wish all Happy Ramadhan! Me and my hubby are planning to go for solat tarawikh on Wednesday and other the nites that he is not working. Even the mosque just 5 minutes walk, I never dare to go alone myself especially after dark.
When I woke this morning, suddenly I feel like having ayam goreng kfc for lunch. Since KFC is non-halal here, look like I have to make my own kfc.. :-) Here is the recipe I tried
5 tablespoon Wheat flour
1 tablespoon of corn flour
1 tablespoon of rice flour
Black and white pepper
- Wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Dash the chicken with the marinade spices and leave for 1 hour.
- Switch On the fat fryer ( if u are using one ) or heat up the oil in the wok or pan ( make sure its enuff to deep fry the chicken). Fat fryer is a better choice for frying since it will make the chicken crispy in the outside and succulent and tender in the inside.
- Mix together wheat flour, rice flour, corn flour, ginger powder, garlic powder, black and white pepper, salt .
- Beat egg white till fluffy.
- Coat the chicken with the beaten egg and then roll it into the flour mix.
- Fry till golden brown.